I'm a postdoc researcher at the Research Unit for the Sociology of Education (RUSE) at the University of Turku. My research interests include altmetrics, webometrics, bibliometrics, social network analysis, and to study various other phenomena on the web in general and in social media in particular, mainly using quantitative methods.
I'm collaborating with some brilliant researchers on various projects, including studying online conversations about climate change and how climate science is shared in social media, mapping scholarly communication in social media and investigating how researchers use Twitter and other social media, investigating meaning and validity of altmetrics, and studying Twitter conversations about diabetes.
Research Unit for the
Sociology of Education
University of Turku
Honorary Research Fellow
Statistical Cybermetrics Research Group
University of Wolverhampton
Title of Docent
Department of Information Studies
School of Business and Economics
Åbo Akademi University
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
A. Peer reviewed scientific articles
- Vainio, J. & Holmberg, K. (in press). Highly tweeted science articles – who tweets them? An analysis of Twitter user profile descriptions. Scientometrics.
- Holmberg, K., Bowman, S., Bowman, T.D., Didegah, F., Enwald, H., & Kortelainen, T. (—). The impact of Science on Society. TBA.
- Didegah, F., Bowman, T.D., & Holmberg, K. (in press). On the differences between citations and altmetrics: An investigation of factors driving altmetrics vs. citations. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology.
- Didegah, F., Gazni, A., Bowman, T.D., & Holmberg, K. (in press). Internationality in Finnish Research: An Examination of Collaborators, Citers, Tweeters, and Readers. Information Research.
- Holmberg, K., Bastubacka, J. & Thelwall, M. (2016). “@God please open your fridge!” – A content analysis of Twitter messages to @God: Hopes, humor, spirituality, and profanities. The Journal of Religion, Media and Digital Culture, vol. 5, no. 2.
- Holmberg, K. & Hellsten, I. (2016). Twitter Campaigns Around the Fifth IPCC Report: Campaign Spreading, Shared Hashtags, and Separate Communities. SAGE open, July-September 2016: 1–7. DOI: 10.1177/2158244016659117.